Hi there, I’m Helene.
Executive Director of Triangle Vegfest
We’re going to be chatting with a slew of prominent vegan business owners, activists, doctors, and authors. Check back every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday for the latest live streams!
42. Kelcie Leach!
Tuesday, August 11th, 2020
Want to know how the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit went? Want to know how to buy the conference package?
42. Helene Greenberg!
Saturday, August 8th, 2020
We went live with the the host of Live-Talks for a channel update! Helene pivots to a brief update video when, unfortunately, Claire couldn’t make the talk. Learn a bit about Claire’s
. Plus more about Virtual Vegfest and what Triangle Vegfest has going on for the rest of 2020. www.beyondinvesting.com
40. Sailesh Rao Saturday, August 1st, 2020 Sailesh Rao, the Executive Director of Climate Healers, is joined us live! You’ll want to watch this video if: *Climate change is important to you *You’re thinking about switching to a plant-based diet *You want to know what colonialism, ableism, racism, and speciesism have in common *You’ve ever wondered what happens to the land that is used for animal agriculture *You want to know what you can do to help save this planet…So what are we waiting for? www.climatehealers.org
39. Judy Brangman, MD Thursday, July 30th, 2020 She’s the Plant-Based MD & she joined us live!! Dr. Judy is a great asset to the Triangle (NC) community and we know you’re going to love her too! Dr. Judy Brangman, MD, a board-certified internal medicine and lifestyle medicine physician, is dedicated to helping others live healthier and better. She is an advocate for a whole food plant based diet and enjoys teaching individuals and groups how to incorporate more plant based foods into their diet.
38. Kelcie Leach Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 This Virtual VegFest 15 is a follow-up 15 minute discussion about the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit, with their Program Director, Kelcie Leach. You’ll want to watch this video if: * You want to learn more about the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit * You want to hear a sweet story about a blind cow * Click the link below if you want to know how to register for the conference happening on August 3-9! facesummit.org
37. Robin Asbell! Saturday, July 25th, 2020 It’s time for another cooking demo! We visited with Robin Asbell in her kitchen in Minnesota to learn about umami flavors and how to build your vegan toolkit! Robin is an author, educator and natural foods chef who creates luscious, feel-good food. She is the author of 11 cookbooks and has developed recipes that appear in other books as well. Asbell has been teaching cooking classes around the Twin Cities since the 90’s & she travels the US and Mexico to teach and spread the joys of eating well. You can buy Robin’s books at HERE Virtual VegFest
, 36. Philip Anthony Mangan! Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 We had the pleasure of getting to know Philip Anthony Mangan from the beauty of Maui, Hawaii live! Philip is a model, vegan activist, and NASM Certified Personal Trainer / Fitness Nutrition Specialist formerly based in New York City, now Hawaii. He’s made some major changes recently which you’ll learn about plus more, like:* How did a Vegan Model end up in Hawaii * How did Philip go vegan and why * What’s the best foods to fuel your body * Why should you grow your own food!
35. Kezia Jauron! Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 Kezia Jauron joins us again for 15 minutes to discuss more of the upcoming Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit (August 3-9). Why watch?! * Learn how to register for the conference * Kezia delves deeper into some of the speakers * Find out how you can help Animal Place ♥ Register to watch here: facesummit.org . You’ll be able to watch daily 3 videos/day starting August 3 with the option to purchase the conference pass, plus some cool perks from the speakers and hosts.
34. Chef AJ Thursday, July 16th 2020 Oh, Yes! It’s true!! We went live with Chef AJ !! If you didn’t already know, based outside of Palm Springs, AJ is a chef, culinary instructor and professional speaker, she is author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight, which chronicles her journey from a junk-food vegan faced with a diagnosis of pre-cancerous polyps, to learning how to create foods that nourish and heal the body.
33. Kelcie Leach Tuesday, July 14th, 2020 Learn more about Animal Place and the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit happening August 3-9, 2020 by watching this 15 minute talk with Kelcie Leach, Program Director at Animal Place. Founded in 1989 Animal Place is one of the oldest and largest sanctuaries for farmed animals in the country. Nestled on 600-acres in Grass Valley, CA, Animal Place provides refuge to hundreds of neglected farmed animals. In addition to permanent sanctuary, Animal Place’s new Rescue and Adoption Center in Petaluma is focused on placing needy farmed animals into permanent homes
32. Dilip Barman & Saray Stancic! Sunday, July 12th, 2020 In this Live-Talk, we welcomed the producers of the new documentary film Code Blue !! Code Blue, a new health documentary, reveals lapses in the current state of medicine and provides a common sense solution by featuring the practice of lifestyle medicine to prevent, manage and reverse chronic diseases. The film presents the hurdles to the proposed shift: antiquated curricula in medical schools, confusion in the media, inadequate government policies, and the underlying influences of the pharmaceutical and food industries. Visit to learn where to watch it. www.codebluedoc.com
31. Ellen Kanner! Thursday, July 9th, 2020 It was a pleasure to have Ellen Kanner join us. Ellen is an author, public speaker, food demonstrator, and an all around kind human being. In this talk we touch on: how eating isn’t just about consuming food, but is an experience * what it means if you enjoy eating with people rather than eating alone or with your phone * Why you should want to eat with other people * What Mindful Eating is and we do an interactive 10 minute mindful eating exercise You’ll leave this video feeling refreshed and aware of some great restaurants in South Florida.
30. Kezia Jauron! Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 Joined us for the first of 4 live talks with the people behind the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit. Want to learn more about the Farmed Animal Conference E-Summit, which is happening on August 3-9, 2020? Watch our series of videos on Tuesdays in July at 4pm EDT. This week we talk with Kezia Jauron, the PR person behind the event. We’ll highlight: What’s happening with the conference; Why you need to watch; Why you need to donate to Animal Place. The Plant-Based Network is a sponsor of the event.
29. Ben Strothmann! Sunday, July 5th, 2020 Ben Strothmann AKA Honey LaBronx joined us LIVE…and hilarity ensued! This is a long one and Ben’s connection is a bit fuzzy, but you can hear everything. This one was almost too much fun…so get ready to laugh and learn! We delve in to the topics of Creating Your Dream Vegan Job, Working for Yourself and Having ADHD, Why It’s More Important than Ever to be Nice to People, and a host of others. Come have a listen to our chat with the Amazing Ben Strothmann, the person fascinating behind Honey LaBronx!
28. Shobha Swamy Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 Check out our Whole Foods, Plant-Based Cooking Demo with Shobha Shobha! Based in a suburb of Atlanta, GA, Shobha is a Food For Life (PCRM) instructor and is a graduate of The Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program. She’s started a meal delivery service you can check out if you’re local to Atlanta at www.Annapoorna-Nutrition.com LET’S GET COOKIN’!
27. Karen Ranzi Saturday, June 27th, 2020 Karen Ranzi joined us LIVE from her home in New Jersey! Have you thought about eating raw? What about raising kids on a whole foods/plant-based raw diet? Karen, a whole foods plant based vegan for over 30 years, and I discuss a raw diet and raising kids! You’ll defiantly want to watch our talk with Karen LET’S TALK RAW!
26. April LangApril Lang was with us LIVE! We had such a great talk with April. She is based in NYC and has been practicing for over 20 years. She’s an ethical vegan, an author, and has her own practice. Do you feel burned out? Suffering from depression because of Thursday, June 25th, 2020 ? Have a listen and learn how to avoid Activism Burnout and tips to stay healthy! #COVID19 LET’S TALK ACTIVISM!
25. Alan B. Roettinger Saturday, June 20th, 2020 Alan B. Roettinger joined us LIVE! Alan is a vegan author with Book Publishing Company. He’s written a number of cookbooks such as Extraordinary Vegan and Speed Vegan. We needed to switch things up today and had a wonderful talk with Alan about food instead of a cooking demo. (Alan unfortunately injured his back). Have a listen and to get to know, the very funny, well traveled Alan B. Roettinger and find out what you need to be cooking next! LET’S TALK FOOD!
24. Ndem Nken Thursday, June 18th, 2020 Can You Can Be Strong AND Be Vegan? YES YOU CAN! Ndem Nken joins us LIVE! So, how do you become an athlete and strong while eating vegan? Watch this talk to learn more about how the choices you make in your diet and exercise have a direct impact on your strength, stamina & focus. We also talk about how dairy is for the cows, Black Lives Matter and give a shout out to the Portland Vegan Scene! LET’S GET STRONG!
23. Dr. Joel KahnThe Holistic Cardiologist, Dr. Joel Kahn, joined us! How do you protect your heart and your health? Watch this talk with Dr. Kahn to learn more about how the choices you make in your diet have a direct impact on your heart. Learn about his latest projects, like his new weekly series on The Plant Based Network, Saturday, June 13th, 2020 The Kahn Chronicle. We also discuss how women and men have different heart attack symptoms, but what’s even more important is to watch for certain signs and to get to a doctor ASAP if you have them.
22. Valerie Taylor Thursday, June 11th, 2020 Valerie Taylor joined us LIVE! She shared her journey into veganism and how it impacted her physical and mental health. Valerie has suffered from depression and health issues, lupus and POTS, for many years. Changing to a vegan diet has improved her health and mental outlook. ♥♥Much love in this video to vegan businesses in the Nashville area ♥♥
21. Dr. Tionna L. Jenkins, Ph.D., MPH Saturday, June 6th, 2020 Dr. Tionna L. Jenkins, Ph.D., MPH joined us live! Want to know what a food desert is? How does that impact a People Of Color and their desire to eat healthier and/or find affordable plant-based options? Then you’ll want to watch our talk with Tionna to learn why she created Plate It Healthy and what types of foods you can eat that are simple and delicious.
20. Kimberly Barnes Thursday, June 4th, 2020 Kimberly Barnes, Might Be Vegan, shares about her Food Love program that was formed due to #COVID19 . Kimberly shares very personal stories about her experiences in this world as a person of color. It’s easy to see why she is a vegan influencer, marketing professional, and chef. She’s a dynamic human so do spend a moment and have a listen.
19. Omowale Adewale Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 We spoke with Omowale Adewale, the Founder of the Black VegFest, to discuss the 7 steps for the white vegan community to becoming an ally to the Black Lives Movement. No matter who you are, the information in this video is important.
18. Andy Tabar (@compassionco) & Tammie Malarich Sunday, May 31st, 2020 If you’ve ever wondered what it was like to get #COVID19 or what it is like to get tested then you definitely want to have a listen. Andy and Tammie will share their first hand experiences with having the virus.e, but with the humans you choose to interact with.
17. Dr. Maichael Greger WE ARE SO VERY DISAPPOINTED Due To Technical Issues, The Live Broadcast, With Dr. Greger Is Being Rescheduled. We Will Announce The New Date & Time As Soon As It Is Confirmed. Please Check Back for Updates.
& small business owner. The only kind of talk with Korin Sutton is real talk! He’s a vegan bodybuilder and a nutritionist 16. Korin Sutton Thursday, May 28th, 2020 Have a listen as we discuss: compassion for all animals…including humans, his favorite success story, his personal training business Body HD Fitness, the riots in Minnesota and he answered live questions.
15. Shayla Toombs-Withers, DO Saturday, May 23rd, 2020 Dr. Shayla Toombs-Withers, DO has been practicing for over 10 years and is a board certified family physician as well as being board certified in obesity medicine. We discuss why it’s important to fuel your body with the right foods during this pandemic. We discuss calcium, B12, Vitamin D3, and why you need to wear a mask! #COVID19
14. Ren Hurst Thursday, May 21st, 2020 Love animals? Then you won’t want to miss this talk. Ren Hurst is guiding animal lovers back to unconditional love. She has written one book and the second one is almost finished. She helps you unpack your emotional trauma, not just in relation to the animals in your care, but with the humans you choose to interact with.
Kathy cooks dinner for her and her wife, Cheryl, during our live talk. What’s on the menu? Soy curl fried rice made in a pressure cooker and single serve carrot cakes made in a mug in the air fryer. You’ll learn all about all the cookbooks she’s written . Buy them through Virtual Vegfest and she’ll sign a dedication for you. 13. Chef Kathy Hester Saturday, May 16th, 2020
12. Brittany Sade Thursday, May 14th, 2020 We spoke with author, fashion & accessory designer, perfumer and true motivator, Brittany Sade! We learn about her book, Holistic Mindfulness, her vegan clothing company, Prosperiteez Clothing, and most importantly the importance of “Finding Your Why”.
11. Sid Garza-Hillman Saturday, May 9th, 2020 Learn all about Sid’s Smallsteps program, his 50K ultra marathon event, The Stanford Inn By the Sea resort, and a bit more insight to just how incredible he is as a human.
10. Lenore Braford from Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge Thursday, May 7th, 2020 Come and give a listen to our chat with the truly amazing Lenore Bradford, Founder of the Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge. We talked about rescues, running a non-profit, and a whole host of other topics!
09. Josh and Evan from Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary Thursday, April 30th, 2020 We spoke with Evan Costner of Cotton Branch Farm Sanctuary. How do you save 600 pigs from a dire situation? Learn about Evan and Josh and how they came to live on an animal sanctuary in South Carolina.
08. Founder of the Plant Based Network, Ron Gandiza Wednesday, April 29th, 2020 Are you watching The Plant-Based Network? We spoke with Ron Gandiza, it’s founder and driving force. Watch and find out about what it takes to create a whole network that’s plant-based!
07. The Vegan Roadie, Dustin Harder Friday, April 25th, 2020 We talked with Dustin Harder, The Vegan Roadie, and got caught up on what he’s been up to and how he’s involved with The Plant-Based Network.What are Dustin’s favorite recipes? Listen and find out!
06. Josh LaJaunie and Howard Jacobson Thursday, April 24, 2020 What happens when you bring a vegan athlete and a vegan health coach together? You get a VERY fun conversation. Check out our lively talk with Howie and Josh. You’ll smile and laugh.
05. Dilip Barman of the Triangle Vegetarian Society Saturday, April 18th, 2020 Speaking with Dilip Barman from his home in North Carolina, we discussed homeschooling during self-isolation plus we also touch on health and cooking. Dilip’s daughter, Anu joined our conversation, too!
04. Marla Rose from Vegan Street Thursday, April 16th, 2020 We talk with Marla about life during a 100 day post operation quarantine and Marla shares her insight into how what we say and the way we say it can affects others, both friends and strangers.
03. Lisa Marie McDonald Sunday, April 12th, 2020 Our talk with Lisa Marie McDonald of Sweet Bear Rescue Farm! Lisa and Helene have a lively talk about life on a sanctuary during a pandemic, how to cope while living alone, and mental health.
02. Ellen Jaffe Jones Thursday,April 9th, 2020 Interested in learning about Vegan Sex? We speak with Ellen and discuss eating vegan on $4.00 a day, exercising & staying active during self-isolation AND Vegan Sex.
Drop us a line!
We’re always happy to take suggestions for future topics & guests